Schmidt AirPrep Systems stand alone in the industry: they are manufactured to provide
the highest levels of air treating capability with extremely low pressure drop.
AirPrep Systems are designed to cool and dry compressed air used in abrasive blasting equipment. Compressed air enters a pre-filter that removes contaminants and condensed moisture. The air then travels through a fan-cooled radiator, where it is cooled to cause moisture to condense. The cooled air and water droplets flow into a separator tank, where the air expands and causes further condensation. The spinning movement of the air stream separates out the condensed moisture.
In the Air Dryer System (ADS), the air rises through a bed of marbles and into deliquescent/dessicant tablets inside the tank before the air exits the vessel. Approximately 50% of residual moisture is removed (after cooling). Removed moisture is collected in the bottom of the separator tank. An after-filter removes particulates that may have become airborne, then used in the abrasive blasting operation.
AirPrep Systems Feature:
• Compact, vertical air flow design to improve efficiency
- Pneumatic fan motor. Includes filter, regulator, lubricator and muffler (electric fan available)
- Protective bar grating
- Portable or stationary units
- Easy transport. Skid mounted (excludes portableoptions) with forklift pockets and full load lifting eyesAftercoolers• High performance systems
• Inlet prefilter removes oil, debris andcontaminantsAir Dryers• Maximum performance systems for maximum air treatment
- Ideal for high humidity environments or when moisture removal is critical
- Multistep filtration: inlet filter captures debris, outlet filter screens errant small particles
- Built to last—hot-dipped galvanized to prevent internal rusting