Walter S. Pratt & Sons, Inc. has been serving the construction & manufacturing industries providing solutions, knowledge, and equipment for over 60 years. We serve several segments of the industry that includes drilling, road and bridge work, demolition, production facilities, federal government, housing, town and county services, and more.
In the early forties Walter S. Pratt started his own small business in the construction field. Most of his work was in the ports of Rensselaer and Albany with the major oil companies constructing the fuel storage plants and providing the maintenance.
By the mid to late fifties, Walter and his two sons Ronald and Warren moved the business from contracting, into rental, sales and service of construction equipment. The name was soon changed to Walter S. Pratt & Sons Inc. in 1959. In 1961 Wayne Pratt became the newest member of Walter S. Pratt & Sons Inc.
During the sixties, Walter S. Pratt & Sons represented Chicago-Pneumatic Tool Co.’s compressors and air tools; Gorman Rupp Co.’s pumps; Goodyear’s industrial and construction hose; Dixon Valve and Coupling Co. and Ever-tite Coupling Company’s hose couplings.
Sadly, in 1971 Walter S. Pratt passed away, however Walter S. Pratt & Sons continued on through the 1970’s and became the representative for the Ingersoll Rand Corp., in the construction and mining division.
In 1998 Randy Pratt became the newest partner of Walter S. Pratt & Sons, Inc.
From 2004 through 2009, Ingersoll Rand sold off different parts of the Construction and Mining Division. As Ingersoll Rand sold off the following parts, Walter S. Pratt & Sons became distrubutors for these companies.
The Surface Drilling Division was purchased by the Atlas Copco Corp ( Now Epiroc) Porable Power Division which included air compressors, generators, lighting towers and light compaction was purchased by Doosan Infacore Portable Power and the Fork Truck Division finally wound up with SkyJack Corp.